Saturday, February 9, 2013

She's Crafty

So here's an old bookcase (Target Home Collection circa 2005) in a new location:


To it's left is the door that leads from the Study to my bedroom and you can see the daybed to the right.

My goals was to corral all of my knitting/sewing/craft books and information in this area and also cover the cable outlet that sticks out like a sore thumb on that wall.

Here it is all stocked up:


On top we have my sewing box and new little mannequin pin cushion I got for Christmas.  The first shelf holds all of my more substantial books as well as a pincushion that belonged to my great aunt and I always loved when I was little.


The middle shelf holds my sewing machine which can be pulled out and plugged in for easy use and the bottom shelf has my 2 binders where I organize knitting patterns/inspiration I've printed from online/torn out of magazines.  The three magazine holders on the bottom shelf corral all sorts of odds and ends: 1 contains my knitting magazines, 1 contains the less substantial knitting pattern books (usually sold in the magazine racks on the knitting aisle in Michael's) and the last one has all my inspiration tear sheets/magazines for other types of crafty projects.

I like how it looks full but there is still plenty of room to fit new purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment